Union-North United School Corporation
Board of School Trustees Meeting
Monday, July 27, 2020
The meeting will be held in the LaVille Jr. Sr. High School Media Center
69969 US 31 South, Lakeville, IN. 46536
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Patron Comments on Agenda Action Items
Approval of Agenda
- Motion to approve the agenda as presented.
Gibraltar and Skillman
-Discussion of ongoing projects.
*A member of the Board may request any item be removed from the consent items and voted on separately.
Consent Item #1. Meeting Minutes: July 13, 2020 Regular Meeting Minutes as presented.
Consent Item #2. Personnel:
-I have accepted the resignation of Susan Mattix, Jr. Sr. High math teacher.
-We will not be able to offer Algebra 2, therefore Mark Elliot will not receive his stipend for summer school approved at an earlier meeting.
-Josh Overmyer as the new Assistant Principal at the Jr. Sr. High School at $70,000 for 205 days per year. His two year contract would have a start date of July 1, 2020 and would go through June 30, 2022
-Will Groves’ contracted number of days to go from 213 to 205.
-Emily Edison as English Teacher at the Jr. Sr. High School at $40,500.
-Kari Hovermale as Elementary School Counselor at $40,000 replacing Miranda Kaminski.
-Beth Hawn as Elementary School Counselor replacing Kathy Frazier at her current salary of $59,160.
Consent Item #3. 2017 Bond:
Americo for sampling on the roof for asbestos at $1930
There is $49,697.22 is left in the bond.
- Cindy Hanson would like to continue her maintenance agreements with General Parts for services at both schools. The cost at the Elementary is $2335, and it is $2230 at the Jr. Sr. High for a total of $4565.
Telecommunications Service Agreement
- Approval to update our deal from 2GB to 10GB at a cost of $2008.98 per month. It will be roughly $401.80 per month after ERate picks up the 80%.
- The three-year contract will be for $2257.80 per month. We are currently paying $2893.27 per month. Therefore, the savings will be $635.47 per month.
- Approval of the second reading and adoption of the Resolution amending Bylaw 0131.1.
Resolution and Re-entry Plan
- Motion to approve the resolution and re-entry plan as presented.
Next Meeting Dates
- August 10, 2020 Regular School Board Meeting
- August 24, 2020 Regular School Board Meeting