LAKEVILLE, IN. - The Union-North United School Corporation had several new staff members join either LaVille Elementary or LaVille Jr.-Sr. High School for the 2019-2020 school year. We welcome our new staff members to Lancer Nation and hope you enjoy "Getting To Know . . ." our newest staff member. The next edition in our series is Mrs. Elyse Best.
Stay tuned for more in the "Getting To Know . . ." series coming soon!
* * * *
GETTING TO KNOW ELYSE BEST . . .
* Favorite Place To Shop? TJ Maxx
* Favorite season of the Year? Fall
* Favorite Restaurant? South Bend Brew Works
* Favorite Kind Of Music? Artists like Mt. Joy, Mumford and Sons, James Taylor, Van Morrison, and so many more!
* Favorite Song? Cardinal, and Silver Lining by Mt. Joy
* Pancakes or Waffles? Waffles
* Chocolate Milk or White Milk? White Milk
* Favorite Collegiate Team? Notre Dame
* Favorite Professional Team (NFL, NBA, MLB, WNBA, NHL)? Patriots, only because my husband made me.
* Indiana or Purdue? Indiana
* Favorite Holiday? Thanksgiving
* Favorite Meal of the Day? Dinner
* Favorite Food? Cheese
* Do You Have A Pet? What Kind? Name? Goldendoodle puppy named Charlie
* Favorite Movie? Pride and Prejudice
* Favorite TV Show? The Office and Scrubs
* Dream Job? Building Trainer for Wilson Literacy Programs.
* My Hidden Talent? I'm amazing at tongue twisters!
* Something Interesting About Me? I was a ballerina for 13 years
* Someone From History I would Like To Meet? JFK
* Up Early or Sleep Late? Early on the weekdays, late on the weekends. Gotta catch up on sleep at some point!
* The Thing That Drew Me To LaVille? Sense of community and support from administration
* If I Could Go Anywhere In The World For The Weekend It Would Be? Greece, but it better be a looonnnggg weekend!
* Why I Became A Teacher/Staff Member At LaVille? I loved my elementary school so much that I went back and volunteered there in high school. LaVille reminds me so much of my elementary school with its sense of community, teamwork, wonderful leaders, and an all-around comforting vibe. I couldn't ask for a better first year teaching job. I am so incredibly lucky!