LAKEVILLE, IN. - The Union-North United School Corporation had several new staff members join either LaVille Elementary or LaVille Jr.-Sr. High School for the 2019-2020 school year. We welcome our new staff members to Lancer Nation and hope you enjoy "Getting To Know . . ." our newest staff member. The next edition in our series is Ms. Miranda Kaminski.
Stay tuned for more in the "Getting To Know . . ." series coming soon!
* * * * *
GETTING TO KNOW MIRANDA KAMINSKI
* Favorite Place To Shop? Target, of course!
* Favorite season of the Year? Fall- leaves, sweaters, pumpkin spice everything I love it!
* Favorite Restaurant? Puerto Vallarta in South Bend
* Favorite Kind Of Music? I'll listen to almost everything but love oldies, acoustic, and indie artists
* Favorite Song? Enter Sandman by Metallica
* Pancakes or Waffles? Waffles all day everyday
* Chocolate Milk or White Milk? Chocolate makes everything better
* Favorite Collegiate Team? Not a huge sports fan but I cheer for ND
* Favorite Professional Team (NFL, NBA, MLB, WNBA, NHL)? Bears and Cubs
* Bears or Colts? Bears
* Indiana or Purdue? Indiana, I'm an IU grad
* Favorite Holiday? Christmas
* Favorite Meal of the Day? Breakfast foods but I don't usually eat breakfast. My kids like me to make Brinner (breakfast for dinner)
* Favorite Food? Tacos, Kielbasa and Pierogi
* Do You Have A Pet? What Kind? Name? I have one sweet little kitty named Pumpkin Spice Latte
* Favorite Movie? Drop Dead Gorgeous
* Favorite TV Show? Parks and Rec
* Dream Job? Goat Yoga Instructor
* My Hidden Talent? I can hula hoop
* Something Interesting About Me? I used to work as a hairstylist and I'm still licensed!
* Someone From History I would Like To Meet? Joan of Arc
* Up Early or Sleep Late? Up Early with lots of coffee
* The Thing That Drew Me To LaVille: I could tell during my interview that the building administrators worked well together. The way they communicated with each other showed me that they respect each other. I felt like they would be easy to work and collaborate with. It was also a big draw that the district saw a need for a second elementary counselor. It really shows that LaVille wants to create and nurture great students.
* If I Could Go Anywhere In The World For The Weekend It Would Be? New Zealand!
* Why I Became A Teacher/Staff Member At LaVille? It felt like a great place to work and also to bring my kiddos to. Everyone is so kind! I don't think I have ever been greeted by so many coworkers in one day anywhere else I have ever worked!